In 2018, there were 721,000 digital marketing jobs in the U.S. That number is expected to grow by 10% between the years 2017 to 2026. Most of these jobs will be for internet marketing specialists and social media marketers.
Digital Marketing is a booming industry that needs more people to keep up with the demand. The field is evolving rapidly, which means that it’s never too late to get in on the wave. Below, we will look at what stops people from learning digital marketing, why it’s important to learn this skill, and why you should learn it even if you have a job.
Reasons Why People Think It’s Too Late to Start Learning Digital Marketing
There are a lot of reasons why people think it’s too late to learn digital marketing. They think they have to be young and tech-savvy, or that they have to have a college degree to be a digital marketer. These thoughts will only hold you back from advancing your career.
In reality, there are many digital marketing skills everyone needs to know no matter how old they are or what their educational background is. Below is a list of the top 8 skills that every digital marketer needs to know, regardless of age:
- Search engine optimization
- Content creation
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Link building strategies
- Google Analytics
- Facebook advertising strategies
- Google Adwords campaigns management
The Best-Kept Secret: 5 Reasons Why You Should Learn Digital Marketing
There are many good answers to the question “Why should I learn digital marketing?” The following is a list of five reasons why every marketer should learn digital marketing.
- Let’s face it, digital marketing is changing the world as we know it and those who are not digitally savvy will be left behind.
- Digital marketing makes it possible to reach a wider audience with your message so you have a better chance of gaining more customers.
- Digital Marketing offers a variety of tools to promote your products and services which can help you generate more revenue for your company in the long run, as well as provide a greater return on investment for your clients/investors/customers.
- For many people, digital marketing is the only option they have when looking for jobs in this field because traditional advertising techniques are becoming obsolete.
- Digital marketing becomes more and more fun the better you get at it, and can really advance your career opportunities further down the line.
Why You Should Learn Digital Marketing Even if You Already Have a Job
Digital marketing is an important skill, even if you don’t want to be a digital marketer. The landscape is always changing, so it’s important to be able to keep up. It’s also a great way to network and find new jobs or clients.
Advancements in AI have made it possible for digital marketers to have many more tools at their disposal than ever before. This means that they can spend less time on tedious work like data management and instead put their skills into higher priority tasks like content creation and strategy development.
Digital marketing is a long-term investment for a company. It doesn’t matter how successful the company is if they lack a good digital marketing strategy.
It is more important to be informed about digital marketing because it will make you more employable. This way, if your current company goes under, you will have skills that are in demand.